Belt-drive for wheels almost completed

Today I started working on a belt-drive system for the robot. I made my own pulleys out of wood and sized them to get maximum torque to turn the wheels. I have only finished building one side so I won't know if this setup will provide enough power to move the robot until get both sides finished.

Eight wooden circles I cut out on the band-saw to make the pulleys

The first large pulley completed with bearings

I finally got everything mounted on the robot's chassis and tested it. I'll upload a video of it working later but this was a bit scary when I tested it. Despite my high-torque setup I am still getting a tremendous amount of speed. Hopefully there will be enough power to get the robot to drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment