Glossary of Robot Terms - J
- Jacobian Matrix - A relation to the rates of change of joint values with the rates of change of endpoint co-ordinates.
- Joint - A point at which parts of an artificial structure are joined.
- Joint Motion Type - Also known as Point to Point motion, is a method of path interpolation that commands the movement of the robot by moving each joint directly to the commanded position so that all axis arrive to the position at the same time.
- Joint-Interpolated Motion - A method of coordinating the movement of the joints, such that all joints arrive at the desired location simultaneously.
- Joint Space - The set of joint positions.