Glossary of Robot Terms - L
- Laser - An electronic device which generates an intense beam of electromagnetic radiation by stimulated emission of photons from excited atoms or molecules.
- LED (defused) - A light imitating diode in which the plastic packaging is translucent to difuse the light produced.
- LED (non defused) - A light imitating diode in which the plastic packaging is transparent.
- Lidar - A sensor technology which measures distance to a target by measuring reflected light from a laser.
- Linear actuator - A form of motor that generates a linear movement directly.
- Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) - A thin screens through which an image is created by increasing or decreasing the electrical current provided to an electrically reactive substance between two electrodes in order to produce a change the color.