Glossary of Robot Terms - H
- Haptic - Tactile feedback technology using the operator's sense of touch. Also sometimes applied to robot manipulators with their own touch sensitivity.
- Header pins - Small metal pins used to connect electronic components. Headers can be plug pins or sockets to receive the plugs.
- Heat shrink tubing - Polymer tubing which contracts when heated. Heat shrink tubing is typically used to insulate wire splices.
- Hexapod (platform) - A movable platform using six linear actuators. Often used in flight simulators and fairground rides, they also have applications as a robotic manipulator.
- Hexapod (walker) - A six-legged walking robot, using a simple insect-like locomotion.
- Humanoid - A robotic entity designed to resemble a human being in form, function, or both.
- Hydraulics - The control of mechanical force and movement, generated by the application of liquid under pressure.